Effective Date: March 27, 2020
We currently operate in the United States only.
Security of Your Information
- The security of the information that you provide to us (“Information”) is extremely important to AerialSphere. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- Notice of Breach of Security. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then AerialSphere will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
- Safeguarding Your Information. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Information. AerialSphere accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
Information We Collect
- Account Information: If you sign up for or authenticate into an account with us, we may collect information that you provide to us in connection with setting up the account, such as your username, name, email address and, for an account you authenticate into, role. Further, in the course of using your account, you may provide us with additional information through your communications with us.
- Information from Third Parties: We may receive information related to your use of our Vendor websites and services, including your username, name, email address, shipping address and your interaction with our Vendor. Common examples include signing up for an event or requesting shipment of a product from us. From time to time, we may also receive contact enrichment information from third parties.
- Usage Data: We may also automatically collect certain usage information when you access our Services (“Usage Data”), such as Internet Protocol address (“IP address”) and information derived from your IP address such as your geographic location, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with our Services, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies. We collect IP addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information, such as using IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate to our Services. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features. We may also, when you enable location-based Services, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data. We may also collect Past transactional behavior conducted by You on the Services, Information about your company such as the name, size and location of your company and your role within the company, and Behavioral or demographic attributes, when tied to personal identifiers.
- APIs: We automatically collect certain technical information whenever requests are made to our APIs, including (a) IP address, (b) device and browser information, (c) operating system, (d) the content of the request, (e) the date and time of the request, and (f) limited location and usage data.
- Feedback: You and/or your End Users may provide us with feedback regarding our Services (e.g., in the form of email, suggestions for how to improve our maps, etc). We do not delete this information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Account Information: We use the account information we collect to provide our Services to you, to maintain your accounts, and to process your transactions. This information is necessary for us to provide the Services to you. We may combine account information with data we receive from other sources. We also may use certain information, such as your email address, to help you by telling you about new Services or features that may be of interest to you and by providing you with examples of how the Services and services can be used. We have a legitimate interest in improving and marketing our Services. If you receive promotional emails from AerialSphere, you can opt out by following the instructions in those emails.
- Information from Third Parties: We may use the information you provide to our partners in connection with the event or transaction (including shipments and deliveries), to improve our Services, and to provide you with information about our Services and/or the event or transaction. In addition, from time to time we obtain data from contact enrichment providers for sales and marketing purposes. We have a legitimate interest in improving and marketing our Services and certain data collection is necessary in order to provide the Services. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time.
- To Assist you to Communicate with Others. You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- To Comply with the Law. We may you’re your information to enforce compliance with our Agreement and applicable law including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms which includes responding to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations.
- To Improve the Services. We use the data collected through our APIs (1) for internal diagnostic and analytic purposes (2) to improve our mapping products and services (3) to provide our Services to End Users of our customers and (4) to generate aggregated and anonymized usage statistics. We have a legitimate interest in improving our Services and certain data collection is necessary in order to provide the Services. We may use your information to personalize or customize your experience to develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of AerialSphere’s Services. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, how you interact with our Services, and information about your computer configuration to deal with and resolve questions you may have about our Services and to follow up with you about your experience.
- Anonymous Collection and Analysis. We may prepare and share information about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for research, marketing and/or promotional purposes but only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified. For example, we may share demographic data that describes the percentage of our customers who use one of our services or who use a specific operating system. We or our third party partners may publicly report the aggregated findings of the research or analysis, but only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified.
- Feedback: We may use the feedback that you provide for any purpose, including improving our Services. We have a legitimate interest in improving our Services for the benefit of all of our users.
When We Share the Information We Collect with Third Parties
- In General: In accordance with and as permitted by applicable laws and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to provide our Services you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and AerialSphere’s records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Account Information and Information from Third Parties: We may share your account information and information we receive from third parties with our service providers (e.g., hosted infrastructure providers) who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf.
- Account Information: We may disclose Account information to (a) our payment provider as described above in the “Information We Collect” section, and (b) billing and accounting service providers acting on our behalf.
- Change of Control Transaction. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information. If so, you will be asked if you’d like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control.
- Reporting to Credit Bureaus. We may share your information with credit bureaus, consumer reporting agencies, and card associations. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report and consumer report. We may also share your information with other companies, lawyers, credit bureaus, agents, government agencies, and card associations in connection with issues related to fraud, credit, or debt collection.
- APIs: We only share raw location data with our hosted infrastructure service providers. We share other data collected through your use of our APIs with our hosted infrastructure and internal analytics service providers. In limited situations, we may also share API log data associated with a specific customer’s account with that customer for the purpose of resolving billing questions. We also may share aggregated and anonymized usage statistics with other third parties.
- Feedback: We may share your feedback with third parties, including our third-party suppliers and partners who help us provide the Services.
- Rare and Limited Disclosures: We may share information in our possession in response to a request if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process. For more information, see “Law Enforcement and Transparency,” below. Furthermore, we may share information in our possession if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms of service, detect, prevent, or otherwise address threats to our platform, or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AerialSphere, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law. Finally, we may also share the information we collect in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. We may also share information among our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
Your Choices About What We Do with the Information We Collect
- Account and Payment Information: Certain account information is optional, and you may choose not to provide it to AerialSphere. Note that some of this account and payment information is necessary for related Services to function properly – for example, if you do not provide payment information, you cannot take advantage of Services that require payment.
- Website Logs and Cookies: You may delete cookies from your computer, and most browsers provide the option to block cookies. Note that if you block cookies placed by us (first party cookies), portions of our Services, including our website, may not work as intended. However, your access to our websites should not be affected if you disable third-party cookies placed by third parties that manage marketing and analytics aspects of our website.
- APIs: If you are an End User of a product or service that integrates our Services, your privacy options will be largely determined by the developer of the product or service. In addition to any privacy options that the developer may have provided you with, you may also be able to control the applications that can collect information about your precise location by using the settings available on your device.
Your Access to and Control of the Information We Collect
- Account Information: You may correct or change certain account information in the account pages we’ve made available to you, and you may update, correct or delete other Account Information, that you have provided to us at any time by emailing us at info@AerialSphere.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at info@AerialSphere.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or to protect our rights and property.
- Website Logs, Cookies, APIs: We temporarily retain IP addresses for security and accounting purposes. Given the temporary nature of this storage, it is generally not feasible for us to provide access to IP addresses or the logs associated with them.
- Feedback: You may request that we update, correct or delete any feedback that you have provided to us by emailing us at info@AerialSphere.com, however we may have deleted or anonymized the feedback you had previously provided to us in a way that makes it infeasible for us to associate a particular piece of feedback with a particular user.
Your rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
- California consumers have the following rights:
- to not receive discriminatory treatment by AerialSphere for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA;
- to request to know the personal information AerialSphere has about you. You may access personal information associated with your AerialSphere account, such as username, email address, and associated account activity by logging into your AerialSphere account. If you do not have a AerialSphere account, it will not be possible for AerialSphere to verify your identity to a reasonably high degree of certainty to permit disclosure of specific pieces of information, as AerialSphere only has limited personal information about non-accountholders; and to request deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by AerialSphere.
- In order to submit a verifiable consumer request to delete your information, you must do the following:
- If you have a AerialSphere account, login to your AerialSphere account, go to Settings, and click “Delete account” and follow the instructions. AerialSphere uses your request while you are logged in to verify that you are the account holder. If you do not login to your AerialSphere account to make this request, information associated with your AerialSphere account will not be deleted.
- You may, without logging into your AerialSphere account, request deletion of your email address and associated personal information (if any) below.
If you believe AerialSphere has any other personal information about you, please email AerialSphere at email@example.com describing in detail the information you believe AerialSphere has and how you believe AerialSphere obtained it. Please note that without an email address, it may not be possible for AerialSphere to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty to locate or delete any information.
- If you believe AerialSphere has any personal information about you that is not Account-related and not an email address and associated information, please email AerialSphere at info@AerialSphere.com describing in detail the information you believe AerialSphere has and how you believe AerialSphere obtained it. Please note that without an email address, it may not be possible for AerialSphere to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty to locate or delete any information.
- Alternatively, you may call our primary business phone number and leave a voicemail requesting deletion of personal information. In your voicemail, leave your email address, if you have one. You must still complete the verification steps described above in order for AerialSphere to verify your identity.
- We do not and will not “sell” your personal information.
- Dispute Resolution. If you have any complaints regarding our compliance with this policy, you should first contact AerialSphere. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.